Tickets have been on sale for weeks now at $25 a pop, but at long last the mysterious country act for the Lorain County Fair has been revealed.
Chase Rice will take the stage at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 25 at the grandstand.
He pulled no punches in an announcement for the concert: “You’re gonna be mine and I’m gonna be yours for an hour and a half. We’re gonna be in each other’s face. If you don’t like that, walk out the door.”
“I’m looking for people who are looking to have the best night of their entire life,” Rice wrote. “If you aren’t here to party, I’m gonna make you party!”
The singer-songwriter’s 2013 “Ready Set Roll” EP peaked in the top five on the country chart and hit platinum sales.
Rice is known for songs “50 Shades of Crazy,” “Do It Like This,” and “Gonna Wanna Tonight.”
His sound ranges from electronic to swampy blues and ballads and Rice said he doesn’t care if he’s labeled “bro-country,” hip-hop, or rock — “All I care about is if I walk onstage and people are screaming every word back to me.”
The opening act at the Lorain County Fair will be psychedelic pop-rock legends Three Dog Night.
They’ll perform at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 24 at the grandstand. Tickets are $22.
Other events include:
• The Smokeout Diesel Truck Pull at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 26 ($8).
• A horse pull at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 27 (free).
• The Friday Night Spectacular at 6 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 28 ($13).
• A combine demolition derby and truck derby at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 29 ($10).
• Demolition derbies at 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 30 ($8 each).
For tickets, visit www.loraincountyfair.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU