Main Street Wellington is hosting a variety of local talent in its 2015 Gazebo Concerts series, sponsored by the United Way of Greater Lorain County.
Concerts are held at 7 p.m. on Fridays outside of McCormick Middle School and generally last an hour. In the event of inclement weather, they are held at the First Congregational Church, 140 South Main St.
Upcoming concerts include:
• July 3 — The Patriots Symphonic Band will play patriotic selections, popular music, Broadway show tunes, and original compositions for big band vocals featuring Avon Lake resident Lorrie Coughlin. The Patriots Symphonic Band is sponsored by Edwards Jones/Mike Sunderman of Wellington.
• July 10 – Starship Truckers, a funny and entertaining two man band, with folk, light rock, cover tunes and original music.
• July 17-19 — Cheese Festival bands include Sole Proprioter, Aphrodite’s Hero, The Wannabes, Men of Steele, and the Lorain County 4-H Band.
• July 24 – The Sunrise will play uplifting Christian music.
• July 31 – Becky Burkhardt will play “Christmas in July” music on the harp and offer a few holiday surprises.
• Aug. 7 – Mallory SanMarco will provide acoustic pop and comedy. She is well known for hilarious break-up songs.
• Aug. 14 – TBA: Main Street is looking for an act. If interested, call 440-647-3987.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU