Main Street Wellington’s free summer concerts series will run from June 10 to Aug. 12 with performances starting at 7 p.m. on Fridays at the downtown gazebo.
Listeners are encouraged to bring chairs and blankets. In the event of inclement weather, the First Congregational Church, 140 South Main St., has agreed to host concerts.
The free summer concert series is sponsored by the United Way of Lorain County.
Concert lovers are encouraged to watch Main Street Wellington’s Facebook page for additional activities offered this summer, including a repeat of last year’s Christmas in July concert on July 29 with Christmas Carols by Becky Burkhardt, Santa, and a giant marshmallow “snowball fight.” A grant from the Wellington Women’s League is helping cover some supply costs.
• Friday, June 10 — WHS Jazz Band and Percussion Ensemble.
• Friday, June 17 — Cross Tie Rockers, a Spencer-based classic rock and country band.
• Friday, June 24 — KK Farnsworth, classic rock from a local favorite.
• Friday, July 1 — Mallory San Marco, humorous acoustic singer-songwriter from Cleveland.
• Sunday, July 3 — Patriots Symphonic Band sponsored by Edward Jones (Mike Sunderman). Arrive at 6 p.m. to enjoy a free Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social to celebrate Independence Day.
• Friday, July 8 — Brambelin, acoustic/electric rock, folk, and original songs.
• Friday, July 15 — Starship Truckers, folk and light rock.
• Friday, July 22 — Darlene Neptune, inspirational music.
• Friday, July 29 — Becky Burkhardt, Christmas in July.
• Friday, Aug. 5 — Lake Ridge Legacy Chorus, women’s barbershop.
• Friday, Aug. 12 — Steve Brown, jazz, blues, ballads, pop, rock, and more.
Visit www.mainstreetwellington.org for descriptions of the musical acts.