To the editor:
When it seems all we ever hear about is bad news, let’s shout out some good.
I could from a much larger city. I have seen the village of Wellington grow over the past 30 years. Like a business, you are only as good as the people around you! Let’s give some special kudos:
• A village we all can be proud of, thanks to a dedicated and caring Barb O’Keefe.
• A police force and ambulance unit made up of kind and caring people who make us feel comfortable and safe.
• A fire department that is first class and second to none! We are fortunate.
• A utility department that is outstanding, thanks to the skilled people who were brought up through a great leader in Bob Dupee.
• A street department we are lucky to have. Thanks, Bob Box and present Bob Brasee.
• A water department headed by Mark Rosemark. No worries about drinking our water! The best.
• Town hall — awesome.
• A great club system: VFW, Eagles, American Legion.
• Most of all, the great people of Wellington. They are pure and genuine and always reaching out to help and have each others’ backs.
Believe me — whenever I’m asked where I live, I proudly shout back, “Village of Wellington.” If you ever get a chance, thank one of these people for making us proud.
Tim “Big Dog” Graham
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU