Bullets strike two Wellington homes


By Jonathan Delozier - jdelozier@civitasmedia.com



Gunshot holes were found in two homes on Parkside Reserve Street during an investigation by the Wellington police department.

One of the houses belongs to the alleged victim in an aggravated menacing case that resulted in charges Jan. 4 against 18-year-old Noah Conley of Wellington.

Conley is being held at the Lorain County Jail on a $750,000 bond. A .38-caliber handgun was taken from his home by police, who are working with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations to match the recovered bullets to the weapon, said chief Tim Barfield.

He emphasized that Conley has not been conclusively linked to or charged in connection to the gunshots.

Residents in the two homes said they were unaware they had been fired upon until notified by police but did hear the shots, according to Barfield.

“Some of the witnesses asked us about shots being fired, and we didn’t know what they were talking about. We went over right away and looked,” he said.

According to a post made on the WPD’s Facebook page, the department learned of the gunshots through comments from witnesses in the aggravated menacing case and are still trying to determine exactly when the shots were fired.

On Facebook, the WPD encouraged residents to always immediately notify the police of suspicious activity.

“Apparently a lot of people knew about this but they didn’t call for whatever reason,” said Barfield. “People need to understand they have to call us.”

Jonathan Delozier can be reached at 440-647-3171 or @DelozierNews on Twitter.

By Jonathan Delozier

jdelozier@civitasmedia.com