• Oct. 22 at 12:30 p.m.: Police responded to a criminal damaging complaint involving a vehicle on Wheeling Avenue.
• Oct. 22 at 7:30 p.m.: An officer was flagged down regarding a fight resulting in minor injuries on Courtland Street.
• Oct. 23 at 4 p.m.: A woman showed police a note left on her vehicle asking her to text the author “and not to be shy.” Police called the number and left a message to call the station.
• Oct. 24 at 12:16 a.m.: Police heard a horn being blown for about two minutes and someone screaming profanity in front of the Mosey Inn on North Main Street. Alexander Thompson, 27, of Wellington, was charged with failure to comply with a police order, disorderly conduct by intoxication, failure to wear a seat belt, horn/siren/theft alarm, operating a vehicle while intoxicated, and OVI refusal. Bradley Estep, 27, of Wellington, was charged with failure to comply with a police order and disorderly conduct by intoxication.
• Oct. 24 at 5:11 a.m.: Police began an investigation into a rape, abduction, and protection order violation complaint made by a Wellington. No arrest information was indicated in a police report. However, court records show Shawn Edmiston, 45, of Brunswick, has been charged with one count of abduction, a third-degree felony, and faces a preliminary hearing Friday.
Editor’s note: Though charged, defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU