• Aug. 26 at 10:40 p.m.: Jourdan Powell, 30, of Vermilion, was charged with driving under a suspension for child support.
• Aug. 27 at 11:23 a.m.: An animal complaint was filed on East Herrick Avenue. A police report did not give specifics but used “animal bites” as a description. An 18-year-old Wellington woman was listed as the victim.
• Aug. 28 at 6:22 p.m.: Timothy Sexton, 24, city of residence unlisted by police, was charged with two counts of assault. He allegedly slapped a 16-year-old child who has autism and another person while on Brown Street. Police said he was under the influence of alcohol at the time with a BAC of .085.
• Aug. 31 at 6:24 p.m.: Dusty Maurer, 35, of LaGrange, was arrested on a felony warrant through the state of Texas. He was taken to the Lorain County Jail to await extradition.
• Sept. 1 at 11:34 a.m.: Sarah Olah, 21, of Elyria, was charged with driving under suspension. Police said when her vehicle was stopped, Olah first claimed her wallet had been stolen.
• Sept. 1 at 3:45 p.m.: A shoplifting complaint was filed at Village Market.
• Sept. 4 at 8:25 p.m.: Briceida Alvarez of Wellington was charged with theft. She is suspected of taking two full carts of merchandise from Wal-Mart in Oberlin.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU