• Jan. 25 at 6:18: An out-of-state telephone harassment complaint was filed.
• Jan. 25 at 8:49 p.m.: A Willard Court resident called to report to a stolen ring.
• Jan. 26 at 10 a.m: A year-old child was playing with the family dog’s ears when the animal nipped at her, cutting her under the right eye and on her lip. The child was taken to Oberlin Mercy Allen Hospital. The case will be referred to the Lorain County General Health District.
• Jan. 27 at 2:36 a.m.: During a premise check, police found a Depot Street door open and unsecured. The door had been kicked in. All other doors, gates, and windows were secured. The owner of the building, inspected the interior and said nothing was missing. He said the door had been kicked in about three times in the last year. He speculated that people leaving the bars are walking home and kicking in the door. He declined to file a report.
• Jan. 27 at 1:25 p.m.: An Adams Street resident reported her house had been burglarized. She left home around 9:30 a.m. and returned home at 1:25 p.m. to find her front door kicked in, a computer tower missing, and an owl necklace with three charms missing from the dining room table. Also missing were several DVDs. A neighbor who lives across the street recalled seeing a charcoal-colored car with rust around the wheel wells driving very slowly down the street around 10:30-11 a.m.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU