• Sept. 17 at 9:30 a.m.: A concerned mother and her daughter met with Wellington High School principal Tina Drake and the school resource officer to address harassment complaints. A boy suspect admitted to some of the girl’s claims and was suspended for three days.
• Sept. 18 at 5:50 p.m.: A Ford truck rear-ended a Ford Explorer on Rt. 58 near Dickson Street. Brian Thompson told police he was headed south when he hit Denise Tummel while she was stopped.
• Sept. 20 at 6:17 p.m.: A woman reported that her car was damaged while parked on the street outside her residence on Pleasant Street. Evidence of paint transfer was visible, according to a police report.
• Sept. 21 at 11:47 a.m.: A used military uniform valued at $75 was stolen from Addie’s Antiques. No suspects were listed on the police report.
• Sept. 26 at 3:03 a.m.: Domestic violence, resisting arrest, and assault charges were filed against Beverly Inez Stephens, 47, of Wellington, as the result of a domestic dispute investigation. She was taken to the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU